Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Crock pot potato cheese soup
Crock pot potato cheese soup. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! In small bowl, beat cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
It was the perfect size, and I love that I could set the timer and not have to worry about watching the clock. Give this slow-cooker cheesy potato soup a try. Its velvety texture enriched with cheese and crispy bacon is mostly a hands-free affair. You can cook Crock pot potato cheese soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock pot potato cheese soup
- Prepare 6 of Potatoes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of Instant chicken bouillon granules.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Shredded american cheese.
- It’s 12 oz of Can evaporated milk.
Potatoes cook all day in the slow cooker until they've broken down into a creamy broth. Stir in the thickener of half-and-half and flour during the last half hour and the cheese and bacon, right before serving. Crock Pot Creamy Potato Beer Cheese Soup is a rich, smooth, and creamy soup. It's a hearty and filling meal when served with a loaf of crusty bread.
Crock pot potato cheese soup step by step
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, water, onion, bouillon, and pepper in crock.
- Cook on low 9-11 hrs.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Stir cheese and milk into soup.
- Cook on low for 1 hour more, then on high for 30 mins more.
- Mash potatoes slightly.
A cup of beer gives this soup wonderful flavor. Use whatever beer you like or have on hand. Just don't use a beer that is too bitter like some IPAs are. Add salt and pepper to taste. (The ham will provide some salt.) If cooking stovetop, cook until potatoes are done. This soup is what I make for my family every Christmas Eve.