How to Prepare Yummy slow cooker potato soup
slow cooker potato soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy The keywords, of course, being slow cooker. Many of you have already discovered my classic Potato Soup recipe on the blog, which will forever. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. I love potatoes but can't stand the work involved in making mashed potatoes from scratch. I came up with this simple side dish that was made even easier thanks to my slow cooker. You can cook slow cooker potato soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of slow cooker potato soup
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken soup.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 4 of stalks celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 5 lb of potatoes, peeled & cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of crumbled cooked bacon.
The best part is I can use the leftover broth for soup the next day! The refined flavor of potatoes and leeks are often overshadowed by bacon and fennel, so here we've gone back to basics, simmering the classic combo all day in the slow cooker. This potato leek soup is heavy on the leeks, with just enough potato to give the soup its signature creamy texture. Place the potatoes, onion, butter, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley and water into a slow cooker.
slow cooker potato soup instructions
- cook onion in butter over med. heat until translucent. add garlic. stir in flour, then add stock. add in carrots & celery & season with salt & pepper. heat through & stir in milk. place potatoes & bay leaf in slow cooker with mixture. cook on low for 8 hrs. or high for 4-5 hrs..
- puree 4 c. of soup & stir back in. stir in cheese & bacon..
This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work! I've hesitated to make potato soup for quite some time because all I could think about is how creamy and carby it must be. Surely it's not good for me to eat that every day, right? Slow Cooker Soups are very popular on our blog, like Bacon Corn Chowder Soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, and Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup. Potatoes: I've made this soup dozens of times, and for best results, I highly recommend using buttery Yukon gold potatoes.