Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
You'll love this super simple soup. In many parts of California, chicken tortilla soup can be made with a tomato base that's thickened with ground tortillas. Beans are sometimes included, but fried tortilla strips are almost always added as a garnish. You can have Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
- It’s 1 of onion,chopped.
- You need 4 of frozen chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 can of (4 oz) chopped mild green chilies.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) mild red enchilada sauce.
- You need 2 clove of garlic,minced.
- It’s 1 can of (14.5 oz) chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of each cumin, chili powder & salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 packages of (10 oz) frozen corn.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Lime wedges,shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices and tortilla chips for serving.
This slow-cooker tortilla soup is just the beginning. Check out Betty's best soup recipes. One of the best things to make in a slow cooker is, of course, soups and if there's one you should try asap is this slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe! It's so simple to put together and comes loaded with chicken, beans, corn, crisp tortilla strips, and all the bold flavors you love.
Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup step by step
- ace the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer the frozen chicken breast on top..
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chilies, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices and bay leaf..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Remove chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker..
- Stir in corn. Continue to heat until corn is hot..
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro..
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic and spices and chicken. Shred chicken then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Allow to cook until heated through.