How to Make Delicious Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest My question is, in addition to the cubed ham, can I also use that big, otherwise useless leftover ham bone to sit in the pea soup in my crock pot, and.
Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or ham hocks, peas. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. You can have Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 pkg of dried split peas.
- Prepare 9 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, coarsely chooped.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes, diced small.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 cups of diced ham.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. It's also freezer friendly, so you can make a batch and freeze Not sure if my crock pot cooks too hot or what went wrong. It tastes fine, but there's absolutely no texture to this other than what the ham provides. This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot..
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5..
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
This also freezes nicely so if you do make a full batch but can't eat it Every year I make split pea w ham soup. First time I'm using my crockpot for it. This is a great recipe, cant wait for it to be done. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier. I think folks will have better results with those.