Recipe: Tasty Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup
Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup. Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. This is the best split pea soup recipe!
I also will substitute some of the water with chicken broth to give it a little more flavor. Great recipe for Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup. This soup will warm you to the bones on cold and wet winter days. You can cook Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup
- Prepare of Dry.
- You need 16 oz of Split Peas, Dried.
- It’s 1 large of Ham Hock.
- It’s 3 medium of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 each of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley, dried.
- You need 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil, dried.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cilantro, dried.
- It’s of Wet.
- It’s 1 1/2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Sriracha sauce.
Set it to start cooking in the morning before leaving the house, and come home to a delicious meal that will satisfy even the biggest appetites. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham. Cooking it low and slow is the best method for creating creamy, delicious split pea soup. Pour broth over and add ham bone.
Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup instructions
- Rinse and sort the split peas to remove any foreign matter..
- Add all the dry group ingredients, in order, layered into a large slow-cooker..
- Pour in the water slowly. Do not stir..
- Add the worcestershire and Sriracha sauce..
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low (preferred,) until peas are soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf..
- To thicken the soup, if desired, mash some of the peas..
- Serve hot. Sourdough bread makes for an excellent accompanying side..
These slow cooker soup recipes are just like mom used to make, including potato soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup, split pea soup, bean soup, ham soup and more. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; discard bone. Cut meat into cubes and return to soup or save meat for another use. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given, adding the stock last.