Recipe: Tasty Cabbage Soup in Crockpot
Cabbage Soup in Crockpot. The soup is loaded with vegetables, including cabbage, zucchini, carrots, and spinach. It is a healthy choice and you'll often see similar recipes called detox soup. It can be the antidote to a season of overeating and overindulging.
This Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup is a very simple cabbage soup recipe that requires zero nurturing…. just drop it in a slow cooker and give it time. The rest is done by your crock pot. Even though it's extremely easy to make, it's not short on taste. You can cook Cabbage Soup in Crockpot using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Soup in Crockpot
- It’s 1 head of cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1 lb of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 4 of Garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s 5 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of carton beef broth.
- You need 8 of grinds salt.
- It’s 8 of grinds Pepper.
- Prepare of Cayenne to taste (optional).
This crockpot cabbage soup is packed with beef, cabbage, celery, onion, and I even threw in a carrot! Yes – a carrot, on a low carb diet. Don't freak out about the single carrot in this giant pot of soup – it adds a little pop of color and flavor and I literally just used one carrot throughout the whole pot of soup. The cabbage soup diet is low in calories as well as fat and requires you to be focused on what you're eating (and not eating), which may leave you cranky and craving other foods.
Cabbage Soup in Crockpot step by step
- Place all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on Low for 8 hrs..
- Sprinkle with Cayenne to taste and serve..
- Possible add-ins: mushrooms, zucchini, corn.
You may also feel dizzy at times when eating at such a low-calorie level. Add sausage, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, caraway seeds, italian seasoning, celery salt, broth, and water to crock pot. Cook on high for two hours, stirring occasionally. Add remaining seasonings to crock pot, stir well. Continue cooking on high for three more hours until carrots are soft and all cabbage is cooked throughout.