Recipe: Tasty Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker)
Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker). Dry baby lima beans soak overnight before simmering for hours in the slow cooker with a ham bone and Cajun seasoning. Dried lima beans, also known as butter beans, become tender and creamy when cooked, and they're much better tasting than canned. The lima beans must be soaked overnight (or about eight hours) so plan accordingly.
The first and most important step is to cook the Ham Hocks in the Crock Pot on high for. This slow cooker ham and bean soup is made with a mixture of dried beans, vegetables, tomatoes and diced ham, all cooked together for a hearty and flavorful meal. An easy crock pot dinner that's perfect for a cold night! You can have Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker)
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 packages of bacon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry large lima beans.
Slow Cooker Ham and Lima Soup. Giant lima beans make this bean soup stand out from the rest. Their mellow, buttery flavor adds a lovely layer of richness to the soup. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make!
Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker) instructions
- Start by sorting and rinsing beans for any dirt or pebbles. Then place in slow cooker..
- Next slice up vegetables and then add to cooker..
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and add to cooker..
- Finish by adding garlic, garlic salt, and water. Then cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until beans are soft. Salt to taste and add more garlic salt if needed..
It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover ham bone It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover ham bone, dry beans, some veggies, herbs and broth and the slow cooker does just about. This recipe has something for everyone at my house: bacon for my boys, lima beans for my daughter and me. And we all like potatoes, celery, onions and carrots, so this is a family favorite. I like that it's so easy to put together. Most people just think of black bean soup as a big bowl of brown mush.