Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot). Crock Pot Great Northern BeansFlour On My Face. Great Northern Bean Soup With Ham Recipes. Crock Pot Great Northern BeansSkinny & Tasty.
How to Make Great Northern Bean N Ham Soup / Crock Pot. Place your beans in a large bowl; cover with water and soak overnight. After soaking, pick through and discard any stones or shriveled beans. You can have Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot)
- It’s 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of beef boullion paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite comfort foods. This easy recipe is made in the Crock Pot and takes just minutes to prepare! Great northern beans are a low-calorie and low-fat and are also a cholesterol-free source of iron, dietary fiber, protein, and potassium. They are an excellent source of low-fat and plant-based protein for vegetarians (and.
Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) step by step
- Soak beans in water overnight (can do this in the crockpot with it unplugged).
- Drain water and pick out bad or split beans..
- Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Add to crockpot along with bay leaves..
- Add enough water to cover ingredients. 4 cups worked for me. Can add more if needed..
- Add beef bouillon paste (I use better than bouillon beef base), butter, and olive oil..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can use immersion blender to puree part of the soup to thicken if preferred..
- Enjoy :).
This homemade Great Northern Bean and Ham soup can be made on the stovetop or in the crockpot! Great Northern Beans are mixed with veggies, ham and seasoning and simmered until tender and full of flavor. Nothing could be more hearty and heart-warming more than this economical. My favorite dried beans are great northern beans. I used to make split pea soup with our leftover ham bone but no one but me would eat Cooking the dried beans in a crock pot takes care of the soaking over night issue.