Recipe: Yummy Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest My question is, in addition to the cubed ham, can I also use that big, otherwise useless leftover ham bone to sit in the pea soup in my crock pot, and.
It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or ham hocks, peas. You can cook Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 7 cup of water.
- It’s 1 packages of Dry Split Green Peas (1lb bag of beans).
- It’s 1 packages of Smithfield Ham Slice, diced (1.5 lb).
- Prepare 1 each of Onion, diced.
- You need 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 stick of Celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 stick of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 4 dash of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Crushed Red Pepper.
Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. It's also freezer friendly, so you can make a batch and freeze Not sure if my crock pot cooks too hot or what went wrong. It tastes fine, but there's absolutely no texture to this other than what the ham provides. This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup step by step
- Add thick coat of NON STICK SPRAY to your Crock Pot ( slow cooker )..
- Add water, beans, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrots and seasonings..
- Add diced ham ( it is cheaper to buy the big thick slice and dice yourself ) … Give a good stir to thoroughly combine..
- Cook on high 6-8 hours. ( Or cook on low 10-12 ).
- Optional: Serve with warm sliced bread/crackers! Enjoy!.
This also freezes nicely so if you do make a full batch but can't eat it Every year I make split pea w ham soup. First time I'm using my crockpot for it. This is a great recipe, cant wait for it to be done. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier. I think folks will have better results with those.