Recipe: Yummy Crock Pot Potato, Kale, And Sausage Soup
Crock Pot Potato, Kale, And Sausage Soup. Crockpot Kale, Sausage, & Potato Soup. Note – The hard cheese rind will give the soup (especially the potatoes) a lot of flavor without the stinginess of the cheese itself. Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor.
A tasty, easy slow cooker Zuppa Toscana soup. I can eat soup any time of the year. With my Crock Pot, I don't have to keep track of the timing so much, as it cooks all day and is ready when I need it to be. You can cook Crock Pot Potato, Kale, And Sausage Soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Potato, Kale, And Sausage Soup
- You need 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 large of Onion.
- You need 3 of Strips of bacon.
- Prepare 4 of Red skinned potatoes.
- You need 1 bunch of Kale.
- It’s 1 of Italian sausage, hot or mild.
- Prepare 1 of Basil.
- It’s 1 of Oregano.
- You need 1 of Thyme.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Can you make this Kale Potato And Sausage Soup (aka Zuppa Toscana) dairy free? Yes, you don't need to use dairy (heavy cream), if you don't like to. Add sausage to the bottom of a crock pot. Add potatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and chicken stock.
Crock Pot Potato, Kale, And Sausage Soup step by step
- Add heavy cream and chicken broth to crock pot..
- Dice half of a large onion and add to crock pot..
- Slice potatoes and add..
- Cut up three strips of bacon and add to crock pot..
- Wash and cut up kale. Add to crock pot.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste in crock pot..
- Cook on low 8 hours stirring occasionally..
- Cook sausage in olive oil until browned. Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and thyme to season..
- Add sausage to crock pot, stir. Cook for another 10-15 mins to infuse flavors..
The baby potatoes are so tender and the sausage is so filling and delicious. Everything simmers together in the slow cooker to give this recipe the best flavor. Just toss a few simple ingredients into the crockpot and you will love the results. How do you make sausage and potatoes in a crock pot? Spicy crumbled sausage, silky potatoes, and an ultra creamy broth… it's the perfect copycat soup!