Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for Tried someone else's recipe for a loaded baked potato soup and it DID NOT turn out how I expected lol. There was too much back and forth to the.
Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! You can cook Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 8 slices of bacon.
- You need 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- It’s 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
Original recipe calls for only four slices of bacon, but I — being a little piggy — love the This was by far the best baked potatoe soup I ever had. This loaded baked potato soup recipe is perfect for an easy dinner meal. Simply add the ingredients in the slow cooker and let the slow cooker cook throughout the day. This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered Thick, creamy potato soup with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
The way momma always made it but slow cooker style! I put a twist on one of my favorite comfort foods that my grandmother used to make. I look forward to passing this Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. This comforting, creamy, slow cooker loaded potato soup is perfect on those chilly winter nights.