Recipe: Delicious Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker
Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker. This creamy, rich crockpot tomato soup is made in the slow cooker with tomatoes, herbs, milk and Pecorino Romano cheese, plus the cheese rind for Her recipes are usually more labor intensive than mine, I much prefer quick and easy. This slow cooked tomato soup, comes pretty close to her. Add tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, bay leaves, sugar and salt and pepper to slow cooker.
This soup is as easy as the condensed soups but free of the corn syrup and preservatives. You need a few things from your pantry, then you can make it in your slow cooker. Tomatoes and vegetables simmer all day in the slow cooker, then they're pureed to make this creamy tomato soup that is secretly loaded with veggies! You can cook Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 of large carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 8 of large tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- You need 3 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need 2 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each dried thyme, dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream (or half & half).
Recipes that make me feel like I'm eating a seriously decadent tomato soup and none of the vegetables that are discreetly pureed and hidden in it. Stir in tomato sauce, vegetable broth, garlic, onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, oregano, sugar, salt and Sometimes when I make tomato soup, it tastes more like soupy tomato sauce, but the veg broth and cream work well to turn it into a great soup. Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker in the morning, and come home to your house smelling like a gourmet restaurant with a warm bowl of soup to This soup was great. In slow cooker, mix tomatoes, broth, green onion whites, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the slow cooker and place all of the ingredients inside EXCEPT for the parmesan cheese and the cream. Place the lid on and cook either on low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours..
- After cook time is up, puree the soup using either an immersion blender or a classic blender. If using a classic blender, blend it up in batches and leave room for the steam to escape while blending..
- Once the soup is pureed and smooth, place it back in the slow cooker and stir in the parmesan cheese and the cream. Taste and season with any additional seasonings you think it needs. At this point, I usually add more salt and pepper, more basil and some paprika..
- Place the lid back on with the heat at low for 25-30 more minutes, until the soup is heated through. Then serve immediately..
- Refrigerate any leftover soup. To reheat it, just place the desired amount in a saucepan over med-high heat and simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through. If I have a good amount of soup leftover, then sometimes I'll use the leftover soup as a pasta sauce for an easy dinner option..
Here's a Slow Cooker easy creamy tomato soup recipe that's perfect for dinner, and only needs a few ingredients! Smooth tomato soup packed with flavor and great for chilly days or year round really. Served with a grilled cheese it's sure to be your kids favorite meal too. Lusciously creamy and full of tomato and basil flavors, this slow cooker tomato soup is out of this world! It cooks in the crockpot 😀 I looooove my crockpot on cold days.