Recipe: Delicious Slow Cooker Johnny Soup
Slow Cooker Johnny Soup. Great recipe for Slow Cooker Johnny Soup. What do you do when Peapod sends Cannellini Beans instead of Split Peas? I was skeptical at first, but once I smelled the aromas from the slow cooker I was hooked.
These slow cooker soup recipes are just like mom used to make, including potato soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup, split pea soup, bean soup, ham soup and more. These Crock Pot soup recipes are so easy to make for the whole family. We love the idea of whipping up a slow cooker soup recipe on a chilly night. You can cook Slow Cooker Johnny Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Johnny Soup
- It’s 1 package (16 ounces) of dried cannellini beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1-2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, minced, or 2-3 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Dried Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 6 cups of cold water.
- It’s 1-2 cups of ham, chopped/cubed.
- You need 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
Filling, delicious, and hearty, find your next meal here. That's all I have to say about this slow cooker chicken soup, and I do really hope that you enjoy it. If you have any feedback, tips, or anything else, then please don't hesitate to leave a comment below. If you have a smaller or.
Slow Cooker Johnny Soup instructions
- Rinse the beans to get rid of any debris, then add to the slow cooker..
- Add the carrots and onion to the pot. Also add the garlic, if you are using cloves..
- Stir to mix together..
- Place the ham on top of everything, then pour the water on top of that..
- Sprinkle the herbs and spices on top.
- Stir slightly, then add the bay leaves to the soup. Place the cover on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours..
I've taken this creamy slow cooker soup to potlucks and teacher luncheons, and I bring home an empty crock every time. When my son's school recently created a cookbook, this was the first recipe he asked me to submit, and his teachers were glad he did. —Erica Winkel, Ada, Michigan. The slow cooker gently coaxes out delicious flavors from simple, hearty ingredients. This soup is perfect for ushering in fall: It's hearty enough for the beginning of soup season, yet brothy and veggie-packed so that it doesn't feel too heavy. This slow cooker chicken and corn soup is an absolute must-try.