Recipe: Delicious Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. This Recipe Was Created With Our Gluten-Free Friends in Mind. Pin this To Your Board Today It is loaded with tender, diced potatoes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky. This slow cooker soup is made for the potato lovers.
Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Just before serving, whisk soup to combine. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. You can have Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- Prepare 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- It’s 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- You need of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of For the rue:.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- It’s 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- It’s of Optional toppings:.
- Prepare of Diced bacon.
- You need of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serving Suggestions for Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup is hearty enough to stand alone as a main course for dinner. It goes great with a side salad and a few slices of your favorite bread.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..
You can also top it with oyster crackers, saltines or large croutons. Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is creamy and comforting, budget-friendly and also very easy to make! Watch the short video tutorial attached below and see how this will become you weeknight perfect meal! Slow Cooker Soups are very popular on our blog, like Bacon Corn Chowder Soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, and Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup. This easy slow cooker loaded potato soup tastes just like your favorite loaded baked potato, covered in cheese and bacon but in soup form.