Slow Cooker Tomato Soup. Stir in tomato sauce, vegetable broth, garlic, onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper until well combined. I just made this soup last night in my crockpot and I finished it off with the cream and immersion blender this morning. An easy slow cooker tomato soup recipe, perfect for when you have a glut of tomatoes.
Add the oregano, thyme, tomato paste, and vegetable stock. If you love this slow cooker tomato soup recipe, then you'll want to try these other vegan slow cooker recipes: Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup, Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup, Slow Cooker Vegetable Chowder. This slow cooker tomato soup is an absolute delight as it's packed with a ton of flavor. You can cook Slow Cooker Tomato Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- It’s 2 (28 oz) of cans of low/no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of low/no sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of no salt butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk, half and half, or coconut milk.
The best part about making this slow cooker tomato soup from scratch is that you can decide on the flavorings. Grated Parmesan is always an excellent way to finish off a hearty tomato soup. This slow cooked tomato soup, comes pretty close to her original, without all the extra work. I always cook my vegetables on the stove, I think it gives you the best tasting results.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup step by step
- Add all of the ingredients, except the bay leaves and milk/cream, into the slow cooker. Stir everything together..
- Next, place the bay leaves into the pot, close the lid, set the temperature to low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- At the end, remove half of the soup to a bowl or blender. Pour half of the milk/cream, and blend it all together. Repeat for the second half and return the soup to the slow cooker. **Remove the bay leaves before blending together**.
- Enjoy! Maybe with a Ghost shaped quesadilla?.
You can do this the night before to save time in the morning. Roast your tomatoes for a super rich flavor, or skip the roasting step to save some time! Watch until the end for some more useful cooking tips from Merle. The slow-cooker (or Crock-Pot—whatever you want to call it!) is my best friend in the kitchen each winter. There is no better way to get a wholesome One of my favorite healthy soups to make during the cold season is Slow-Cooker Tomato Soup.