How to Prepare Yummy Gamjatang (Korean Pork Potato Soup) 韩式猪骨土豆汤
Gamjatang (Korean Pork Potato Soup) 韩式猪骨土豆汤.
You can have Gamjatang (Korean Pork Potato Soup) 韩式猪骨土豆汤 using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gamjatang (Korean Pork Potato Soup) 韩式猪骨土豆汤
- Prepare 2 lb of pork ribs, neck or hogs.
- Prepare 2 lb of yellow potato.
- It’s 15 leaves of Napa cabbage.
- You need 1/4 cup of wild sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 1/2 heads of garlic.
- You need 1/3 cup of korean hot pepper flakes.
- You need 3 Tsp of fish dauce.
- It’s 4 Tsp of Korean soybean paste.
- You need 2 of green onions.
Gamjatang (Korean Pork Potato Soup) 韩式猪骨土豆汤 instructions
- In a pressure cooker, add blanched pork with 10 cups of water, 2 Tsp Korean soybean paste, 1/2 onion and 1 head of garlic. Optional flavor package includes, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 anise stars, 1 bay leave, 2 cloves, 1 tsp coriander seeds. Pressure cook 25~30 minutes depends on the cut..
- Blanch Napa cabbage leaves in water for 5 minutes. Stop cooking by rinse them in cold water and tear apart by hand and set aside..
- Toaste wild sesame seeds in a wok until aromatic. Grind them in a small blender or food processor..
- Make a flavor paste by mixing 1/4 cup of grounded wild sesame seeds with 1/3 cup Korean hot pepper flakes, 2 Tsp soybean paste and minced half head of garlic. Will be used to make the soup and cabbage marinate..
- Marinate the cabbage leaves with 1/3 of the flavor paste..
- Once the pork is done. Transfer all meat and the broth into a large soup pot. Add 2 lb diced yellow potatoes. Use 1/3 of the flavoring paste. Bring it to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes in medium heat. Then add cabbage and cook for another 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Optional veggies can be enoki mushroom, perilla leaves, garlic chives and green chilli..
- Enjoy the soup first. When you finish about 80% of the soup. The leftover potatoes can be used to make a quick Korean style fried rice. 1 cup cooked multiple grain rice, 2 Tsp chopped kimchi, 2 green onion, and 1 large sheet of nori seaweed..