How to Prepare Perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker. Try Our Easy-To-Make Cheese Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup A couple of shortcut ingredients make this soup a cinch!
I originally posted this recipe on the last day of a trip I took to Charleston. HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP. This Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup is so easy to make. You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Start by adding carrots, onions, broccoli, chicken stock (or vegetable stock), and a few spices to your slow cooker. Cook on low for four hours. If you like your Broccoli Cheddar Soup to be completely smooth, now is the time to blend it. Add broccoli, broth, milk and pepper.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
Stir in process cheese until melted. Add shredded cheeses; stir until melted. Just before serving, stir soup to combine. I woke up this morning to the relaxing sound of pouring rain outside my window. Though it can seem gloomy and dark out (not to mention the days are beginning to feel so much shorter) these rainy and cold days make for great soup days.