Recipe: Appetizing Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤
Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤. Tom Kha Gai Tom (to boil) kha (galangal) Gai (chicken). It's a dish of chicken or other type of meat simmered in a light coconut broth with a generous. This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect.
Instead of ginger, your supposed to use galangal , that's why it's called tom kha gai. Authentic Tom Kha Gai – a simple delicious recipe for one of Thailand's most popular soups! Full of fragrant Thai ingredients like lemongrass, kefir This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be made quickly and easily on the stovetop or in an. You can have Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤 using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤
- Prepare 16 oz of chicken stock(homemade preferably).
- Prepare 150 ml of thai coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken breast (any parts are great).
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced galangal rinds.
- You need 1 of fresh lemongrass (only the bottom part).
- Prepare 5 of kafir lime leaves (fresh or dried).
- You need 2 cups of oyster mushroom.
- You need 1 of medium size tomato.
- You need 1 cup of any summer squash.
- It’s 12 of cilantro.
- It’s 2 sprig of Thai basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare 1 of lime juice.
- You need 2 of dried chilies (optional).
- It’s to taste of Fish sauce.
This classic chicken and coconut soup gets its rich and dynamic flavor from quintessential Thai ingredients: coconut milk, lemongrass, fresh ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, chile paste, basil, and cilantro. Tom Kha Gai is a popular Thai soup known for its intense galangal, coconut aromatic flavor. The literal translation is "boiled galangal chicken" but can be broken down as: TOM means SOUP or BOILED/COOKED, KHA means galangal root and GAI means chicken. Galangal is part of the ginger.
Tom kha gai (coconut chicken soup) 泰式椰奶鸡汤 instructions
- In a sauce pan, heat up chicken stock and coconut milk. Add galangal, mashed lemongrass, kafir lime leaves, dried chilies to infuse for about 10~15 minutes. Add water if the soup stock evaporate too much..
- If you are using any parts of chicken that's not the breast. Please add it in the very beginning to cook with all other herbs..
- Once you smell great aroma from the stock and see the coconut milk begins to separate (a great sigh to tell the quality of the coconut milk). Add sliced tomato, summer squash and mushroom. Cook for about 3 minutes until soft..
- Season with palm sugar and fish sauce. Taste as you adjust the seasoning..
- Turn off the heat and add the lime juice. Serve in a big nice bowl and top with finishing herbs, cilantro and thai Basil. Enjoy with a bowl of sprouted brown rice..
Coconut milk and lime juice seasoned with ginger root and cayenne pepper create a spicy broth for this Thai-inspired soup with strips of white **FIRST OFF** This is a MOCK version of true Tom Ka Gai soup. However.the taste is very close to the real deal WITHOUT needing "hard to find" ingredients. This classic Thai Tom Kha Gai recipe (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and totally cozy, creamy and delicious! Tom Kha Gai is a creamy, aromatic, and zesty soup that is distinctly Thai. Made with coconut milk, chicken, lemongrass, galangal, and chili, its very This happens to be one of my favorite Thai soups, so I was so excited to try this recipe.