Recipe: Appetizing Lotus Root And Peanut Soup
Lotus Root And Peanut Soup. Lotus Root and Peanut Soup is a bowl of comfort on a cold day. This flavorful soup is slowly simmered to bring out all its wholesome goodness. Stepping outside was like walking into a wall of hot air.
Lotus root signifies abundance and prosperity to the Chinese so this is a popular soup for many who celebrate Chinese New Year. Lotus roots signify abundance while peanuts signify wealth. Put together, this soup literally means prosperity in abundance every year. You can cook Lotus Root And Peanut Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lotus Root And Peanut Soup
- You need 6 cup of cut lotus root.
- You need 900 grams of pork rib or chicken.
- Prepare 2 cup of peanut.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
Just like many other 'lou foh tong' or slow cooked Chinese soups, it is nourishing to the body. Cut the sides of the lotus roots and wash them throughly. Lotus root with peanuts is one of my favourite Chinese soups. Lotus root and peanuts is a great pairing in a Chinese soup, and personally I won't cook this dish if I ran out of peanuts.
Lotus Root And Peanut Soup step by step
- Remove skin from lotus the chop into medium bite size.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then Quick blanch pork rib or chicken then drain and set aside.
- Put all ingredients into pressure cooker on high for 30 to 35 minute, if cooking on stove, bring it to a boil then let it simmer in Low heat for 45 minutes.
- Season with salt then simmer for another 3 minute.
- Today Simple Soup, Lotus Root In Pork Soup.
I love the texture of slightly crunchy peanuts so if you like softer ones, you will need to simmer the soup for a bit longer. Lotus root soup (莲藕汤 Lin Ngau Tong) is one of the more popular soups enjoyed among the Malaysian Chinese. Lotus root soup with peanuts are a perfect combination for this soup. This classic chinese stew is easy to prepare, homely and extremely nutritious as it is believed to have all kinds of health benefits. Lotus root soup can be taken any time of the year but this slow-cooked Chinese soup is commonly served during Chinese New Year for its auspicious significance.