Recipe: Perfect Otak Otak Noodle Soup
Otak Otak Noodle Soup. See great recipes for Okra With Otak Otak, Otak Otak Noodle Soup too! As mentioned just now, otak-otak is one of the most famous food that must be tried and can be found at everywhere in Muar. But Cheng Boi is the original, authentic and best otak-otak in town.
Tiffany's uncles and aunties run the famous Lau Lee fish ball noodle stalls 老李鱼丸面 in Muar. Photo credit: Yuki Tiffany, Yuki and I went hunting for otah otah in Muar. Otak-otak is a grilled fish cake made of ground fish meat mixed with tapioca starch and spices. You can have Otak Otak Noodle Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Otak Otak Noodle Soup
- You need of FISH OR PRAWN PASTE.
- Prepare 1 of otak otak.
- You need 2 tbsp of dice garlic and shallot.
- You need 3 cup of any stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 4tbsp of water.
- It’s of FRIED EGG.
- You need 1 of fried egg.
- Prepare of PRE FRIED EGG NOODLE.
- It’s 1 of yee mee.
It is widely known across Southeast Asia, especially in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, where it is traditionally served fresh, wrapped inside a banana leaf, as well as in many Asian stores internationally – being sold as frozen food. It can be eaten solely as a snack or with steamed rice as. Fold the other edge in and press down gently. Use bamboo toothpicks to secure both ends of the otak-otak.
Otak Otak Noodle Soup instructions
- A PACKAGE OF OTAK OTAK (PRAWN PASTE ).
- Put otak otak in a steamer plate and steam for 15 minutes then break up into big chunk.
- With oil sauté garlic and shallot till fragrant then add cooked otak otak.
- Add stock and bring into a boil then thicken soup with 3tbsp of cornstarch mixture.
- YEE MEE (PRE FRIED EGG NOODLE).
- SERVE BY ADDING HOT BOILING OTAK OTAK SAUCE ONTO DEEP FRIED YEE MEE AND TOP WITH ADDITIONAL FRESH DICE GARLIC AND SHALLOT.
Repeat until all the otak-otak paste is used up. Tip: Position grill rack close to the top heating coil. Otak-Otak (some call it Fish Mousse) must rank as one of the most delicious dishes I've ever tasted. The most famous otak-otak in Malaysia is sold in the town of Muar (where PB hails from). Penang nyonya otak-otak is a steamed fish custard wrapped with banana leave and it goes extremely well with a bowl of hot rice.