Coconut Shrimp Soup. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. Heat oil in medium to large non-reactive pot.
You'll love this soup so much! I love the flavors of Thai cooking. The contrasts between sweet, sour, salty and spicy are intriguing and unique. You can have Coconut Shrimp Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp Soup
- Prepare 1 of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of Mushrooms.
- You need 1 of Shrimps.
- You need 1 of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Noodles.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped carrots.
- You need 1 of Assorted Spices.
- You need 1 of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of Chili Peppers.
- You need 1 of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of ginger.
This soup, with flavors of creamy coconut, spicy red chilis and a bit of curry, finds balance with. An amazing quick and easy Thai Coconut Soup MADE FROM SCRATCH with easy to find ingredients!! The coconut milk soup broth is can't-stop-eating-it-delicious, made as spicy or as mild as you want. Loaded with noodles, shrimp/prawns and a variety of toppings, this coconut curry soup lends itself to all sorts of variations.
Coconut Shrimp Soup step by step
- Fry onions, peppers and mushrooms in oil.
- Add coconut milk and carrots.
- Add water with about a tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Stir occasionally, adding the shrimps when the soup starts to simmer.
- Add assorted Spices and ginger. Personally I used lots of rosemary, Chilli powder and curry powder. I also added a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add noodles to thicken the soup..
- Since coconut soup cooks very quickly take the soup down when you feel it's ready. I let it boil for about 15 minutes..
- Add lemon juice and chopped parsley to garnish.
This Coconut Curry Soup is infused with ginger, garlic, red curry paste and coconut milk. This Brazilian Shrimp Soup is an incredibly delicious creamy tomato soup that features shrimp, coconut milk, and bright lemon juice. There's just something about the flavors you can develop in all the different varieties that are out there. Sometimes I feel that tomato soup, a western classic, is missing. Light coconut milk adds subtle flavor to this spicy soup for two.