Old Winter Melon Pork Soup. In a soup pot, add old cucumber chunks, blanched pork, water, red dates, dried scallops, dried cuttlefish, sweet corn and carrots. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for four hours prior to serving. The other main ingredient for this Winter Melon Pork Bone Soup is winter melon, of course, also known as 冬瓜.
Winter melon soup with pork ribs has a mild and delicious taste. It can reduce body "heat" (TCM) and quench thirst, and is ideal to eat in summer. This recipe is simple, so why not give it a try in the heat of summer? You can cook Old Winter Melon Pork Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Old Winter Melon Pork Soup
- Prepare 1 of old cucumber melon.
- It’s 20 of red dates.
- You need 4 tbsp of wolfberry (goji berries).
- Prepare 3 of candied dates.
- It’s 950 grams of pork bone and meat.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of water.
- You need 1 of corn cob optional add on.
- It’s of seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Discard the "foam" at the top of the soup. Now we can start cooking our winter melon soup. In a pot, boil together blanched pork ribs, water, winter melon, squid/cuttlefish (if using), and red dates. Old Winter Melon Pork Soup AT LEAST ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS WE HAD THIS SOUP AS ITS ONE OF THE BEST SOUP FOR VERY VERY HOT SUMMER.
Old Winter Melon Pork Soup instructions
- Blanch pork then drain set aside,this is old cucumber melon.
- Deseeded old cucumber melon.
- Put all ingredient into preasure cooker on high for 30 minutes.
- Add salt dont stir and then simmer for another 3.minute.
- ANOTHER SERVING OPTION,,,scrap the flesh of the cooked old cucumber with a spoon then plate it with 2pieces of the pork and soup.
- Old Melon Pork Soup.
Blanch pork then drain set aside,this is old cucumber melon. I have one more winter melon soup recipe featuring ground pork meatballs, cilantro and lemongrass over at this article on pork soup recipes. Finally, To me, the winter melon resembles a quiet giant bringing comfort and health. I hope you will try it out if you haven't. Happy Souping, Phoebe This Chinese soup of pork meat balls and winter melon is very warming.