Seafood Noodle Soup / White Hokkien Mee. See great recipes for Simple Healthy Seafood Noodles too! Hokkien Prawn Mee Noodle Soup (Hae Mee) Tender yellow noodles in a rich savory-sweet red-orange broth served with juicy prawns, fish cakes, crunchy bean sprouts, and crispy fried shallots. Gluten-Free adaptable To make the dish gluten-free, use rice stick noodles or rice vermicelli instead of yellow noodles and tamari or coconut aminos. Hokkien mee (abbreviated as HKM) is a Southeast Asian dish, popular in Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean and Thai cuisines, that has its origins in the cuisine of China's Fujian (Hokkien) province.
SEAFOOD HOKKIEN MEE A familiar dish to many, our recipe can help you to recreate the delectable hawker-style fried noodles at home! YEE FU MEE Braised E-Fu Noodles is a classic dish often served in Chinese home. It's simple, yummy yet easy to make. You can have Seafood Noodle Soup / White Hokkien Mee using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Noodle Soup / White Hokkien Mee
- You need 3 tbsp of fine dice garlic and shallot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 100 grams of bean sprout.
- You need 400 grams of fresh yellow noodle.
- Prepare 10 of large shrimp /prawn.
- Prepare of garnish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of slice red cili deseeded.
- You need 1 tbsp of slice cucumbers.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of spring onion / scallion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of thinky slice roasted pork.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of soup base optional or any stock.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of abalone sauce or chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
The slightly spicy, sweet, and savory soup for this delicious noodle is made with sambal paste, whole prawns. This Hokkien Noodles post is sponsored by Knorr®. All opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep this blog going.
Seafood Noodle Soup / White Hokkien Mee instructions
- With oil saute garlic and shallot together with shrimp /prawn till no longer pink then drain aside.
- In pot put abalone sauce / chicken bouillion with water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodle into stock and simmer 1 minute then add seasoning and bean sprout then off heat.
- Top with garnish and serve immediately.
This Hokkien noodles recipe creates a super rich and fragrant one-pan meal that contains tender chicken bites, crisp veggies, and tender noodles. In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Hokkien Mee is a stir-fry thick Yellow Noodles dish, caramelized with thick, dark, fragrant sauce. While in Penang, Malaysia – Hokkien Mee is a spicy flavorful prawns-based broth/soup with normal Yellow Noodles (presented here). But in Singapore, it is a stir-fry Noodles dish with Yellow noodles and Rice. Penang Hokkien Mee (Prawn Noodle Soup) / 福建虾面.