Red Bean Soup Dessert. Red bean soup is a popular Chinese dessert mostly in China, Taiwan, and south east Asia. In Chinese, it also called hong dou tang (紅豆湯). Also, it is categorized as dessert, tang shui (糖水), and literally translated as sugar water or sweet soup.
Red bean soup is a type of tong sui, or sweet Cantonese dessert soup. Like most Chinese desserts, red bean soup isn't overpoweringly sweet. Red bean soup (紅豆汤 hóng dòu tāng) is an all time classic Chinese dessert soup. You can cook Red Bean Soup Dessert using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Bean Soup Dessert
- Prepare 1 cup of each of mix azuki bean and kidney bean.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 800 ml of water.
- It’s of garnish option 1.
- You need 1 tbsp of orange zest OR.
- You need of garnish option 2.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
The basic ingredients for this red bean soup recipe are red beans (also known as adzuki beans), dried tangerine peel and rock sugar. Hong dou tang (紅豆汤, pinyin: hóng dòu tāng) or red bean soup is a popular Chinese dish served in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. It is categorized as a tang shui 糖水 (pinyin: táng shuǐ) (literally translated as sugar water) or sweet soup. It is often served cold during the summer, and hot in the winter.
Red Bean Soup Dessert instructions
- Put red bean and water with a drop of oil intoa in preasure cooker for 20 minute then add sugar then simmer another 5 minute.
- SERVING OPTION 1,red bean and kidney bean soup dessert as it is.
- SERVING OPTION 2, serve hot red bean soup top coconut milk.
- ANOTHER SERVING OPTION 3, Let red bean soup cooled down first then put it in a blender and blend till till smooth and serve.
Leftover red bean soup can also be frozen to make ice pops and is a. Red bean soup, one popular Chinese dessert of Tangsui group, is served either cold in summer or hot in winter. In Chinese it is known as "Hong Dou Tang". And there is another famous Chinese bean soup- mung bean soup. Red bean soup is both a popular snack and a sweet dessert soup.