Recipe: Delicious Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup
Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup. Pair spicy chorizo with creamy yogurt and crispy chickpeas for a wow-worthy lunch. Chorizo has made a name for itself at the breakfast. Spanish chorizo is made from coarsely chopped pork and pork fat, seasoned with garlic, pimentón – a smoked paprika – and salt.
Spicy Chorizo Bolognese is off the charts delicious. From now on, bolognese should always be made with chorizo. Spicy Hungarian Paprika and Ancho Chile Powder give this Homemade Mexican Chorizo its signature color and spice. You can have Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup
- Prepare 2 lb of shrimp.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 4 of celery sticks.
- It’s 4 of chiote "mexican squash".
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 pinch of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of tomatoe.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1/2 packages of beef chorizo.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh loganiza.
- It’s 1 box of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken bullion.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE MEXICAN CHORIZO LAST? I've modified this chorizo recipe slightly over the years that I've been making it – not enough to make a huge difference. I cut the amount of cayenne pepper in half. For me, the full amount makes it just a touch too spicy, where it overpowers all of the other flavors that might be going on in whatever dish you're using it in.
Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup step by step
- start by cleaning and pilling shrimp use skins boil in seperate pot for stock for soup.
- dice your veggies into bite size pieces.
- cook your beef chorizo & loganiza in the pot your going to cook your shrimp in. once cooked about 7 minutes or so remove from pan to a separate bowl. now add 2 tspn olive oil cook onions n tomatoes down till tender. add your veggies in except cilantro cook for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat adding your spices..
- now add your chicken stock, strain your shrimp stock into pot & 2 cup of water bring to a simmer cook down veggies till tender..
- once your veggies are tender add your shrimp cook till they turn pink about 3-4 minutes turn off add cilantro..
- serve with limes..
Add chorizo and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened. This homemade Mexican chorizo is super simple to make. I did the work in experimenting with the different spices and ratios – now all you have to do is combine the spices with the meat and you're done! Just grab some ready-made chorizo from the freezer whenever you need it. This bread has it all: Spicy chorizo, sweet caramelized onions, and lots of cheese.