Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Egg Drop Soup
Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper.
I didnt use the cornstarch or food coloring and I used green onion instead of chives. All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home. You can cook Egg Drop Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of (just a little less) Garlic Salt.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of White Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chives.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. This soup is always a highlight for me when we go out to eat! I love the simplicity of it and all the flavors! Looking at it and seeing the ingredients for this soup, you would be.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Set aside 3/4 cups of the chicken stock (or broth) and mix the corn starch in..
- Bring the remaining amount of stock (or broth) to a boil.
- Add salt, white pepper, sesame oil, and soy sauce to the pot as the stock is heating up..
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs to submission, and then rub it in by yelling in their face. You're their master!.
- Once the broth has been brought to a boil, slowly add the eggs by dripping off a fork. The eggs should cook immediately upon contact. (and they thought they could withstand your beating! Stupid eggs…) You can also just pour the eggs in and filter through the fork. This may result in chunkier egg drops..
- Finally, slowly add the corn starch mixture to the pot. Pour it in as you slowly stir everything. Let it sit for a couple minutes before serving to allow the corn starch to thicken the soup..
- Eat. Did you seriously need me to tell you that?!.
How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. Egg drop soup is my favorite soup to eat when I have a cold. Classic chicken soup is great too, but the addition of eggs makes this one so nourishing. And the Asian flavors are just wonderful and can.