Recipe: Yummy South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower
South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the cumin seeds and mustard seeds in the hot oil. Cook and stir until the seeds begin to pop.
Morrocan Tomato And Cauliflower Soup, Red Pepper & Tomato Indian-Spiced Tomato and Cauliflower SoupSeasons and Suppers. Creamy Tomato Soup with Chicken and VegetablesThe Modern. We usually have tomato soup at least once a week, so I've tried to find ways to dress it up. You can cook South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ceylon cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of turmeric (haldi).
- You need 3 of dried red Indian chilis.
- It’s 1 of handful curry leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 3 medium of Indian green chilis.
- You need 3 small of Indian green chiles.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut, dried or powder.
- You need 1 lb of dried split peas.
- It’s 5 of plum tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped into florets.
- You need 10 cup of water.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
This recipe is one of my favorites. Cauliflower Tomato Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. It had a warm and fairly spicy rice and cauliflower mixture on the bottom and then cold veggies (chopped tomatoes, onions and cilantro, I think) and cold chopped hard boiled eggs on top. That texture-taste-temperature combo inspired this soup.
South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower step by step
- Heat the oil on low in an 8 qt pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and salt as the base.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the mix.
- When the mixture cooks down a pit, add the tomatoes and peas.
- Cook the mixture for a minute or two to soften the tomato, and then add the cauliflower florets.
- Add the water.
- Seal and bring to pressure, holding at pressure for 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let settle 10 more minutes..
- Cool and depressurize the pressure cooker by running under cold water..
- Stir and mix in cilantro.
- Salt to taste and serve, keeping in mind that pea soup starts off thin and thickens substantially over time. If the mixture becomes too thick, ad water and salt as desired..
Cauliflower rice would work too to keep it low carb! This is a great beginner dish if you're new to Indian food. I've created a lightened up, dairy-free Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas in the Instant Pot Add the tomatoes and use an immersion to blend until smooth (or blend in the blender). East India Tomato Soup gets its taste from soup mixed with curry powder. Cauliflower and Mushroom Pressure Cooker Soup with Parmesan ~ Kalyn's Kitchen Pressure Cooker Low-Carb Chicken "Noodle" Soup ~ Healthful Pursuit Instant Pot Low-Carb Soup with Ground Beef Recipe created by Kalyn and inspired by a life-long love of split pea soup and a new Instant Pot.