Recipe: Tasty Wonton soup
Wonton soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! You can have Wonton soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wonton soup
- You need 64 of wonton wrappers,or more.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts,minced,or if use minced pork ,about 600 grams.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size ginger,finely chopped.
- You need 30 of cooked shrimps,optional.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic,finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 liter of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 head of napa cabbage,chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of each cilantro and spring onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crispy fried garlic.
- You need 1 of red chilli sliced and marinate in vinegar.
- You need 1 of chilli flake for seasoning in each bowl.
- Prepare 1 of roasted pork fillet,optional.
- It’s 2 packages of soft tofu,optional.
Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons. But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. The soup is made from boiling shrimp shells, pork bones and dried flounder to give it a distinct taste.
Wonton soup step by step
- Add chicken stock in soup pot ,on low heat ,chopped napa cabbage ,add in and let it simmer ,while making wonton,incase you dont have chicken stock in hand …no worries..use chicken wings or tights to make fresh stock ,add one more litre of water ,boil on medium heat until chicken cooked,seasoning with extra salt and pepper ,soy sauce ,sesame oil,oyster sauce ,lower heat to simmer ,after all done you can take the wings or tights pouring on your wonton soup bowl as well ☺,for optional tofu add bite size chopped tofu 3 mins before serving into soup pot.
- Mince chicken breast ,mix well with all ingredients,including half of spring onion.
- Start to wrap wonton,bring one piece add chicken filling in the middle ,use index finger dip in water , brush around ,fold up to make triangle shape.
- Again dip some water to each end of wonton ,twist to stick it together ,beware dont add too much filling ,it may tearing in this step.
- For optional ,add cooked shrimps to make shrimps wonton ,its sooo good.
- Boil water in another pot ,while wrap wonton until finish.
- To make the wonton soup bowl , add 6 pieces per serving into hot boil salted water ,wonton will float up to surface ,wait another 2 mins to make sure the filling is cooked , drain and add to serving bowl.
- Arrange roasted pork (optional )on top of wonton ,pour hot soup with some napa cabbage.
- Seasoning by marinate red pepper,chilli flake ,top with cilantro and spring onion ,serve hot 😄.
Hong Kong wontons were introduced to the area after World War II as street food and later indoor eateries. Wonton is served in variety of sizes with smallest being two wonton and noodles called Sai Yung.  Sichuan cuisine To make the soup: bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the wontons and bring the soup back to a boil. Add the green onion, remove the pot from the heat and add the sesame oil, stirring. Place stuffed wonton on a wax paper lined baking sheet and cover lightly with a kitchen towel.