How to Cook Tasty Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum)
Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum). Tom yum or tom yam is a type of hot and sour Thai soup, usually cooked with shrimp (prawn). Tom yum has its origin in Thailand. The words "tom yam" are derived from two Thai words.
This truly authentic Tom Yum Soup Recipe is straight from our travels to Southeast Asia this summer. Often called Thai Hot and Sour Soup, it's bold and perky with a pop of spicy heat. Plus, it's gluten free and paleo. You can cook Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum)
- Prepare 10 medium of size raw shrimp that have been Shelled, tailed and deveined ..
- You need 1/2 cup of Bite size carrots. ( I used crinkle cut, prepackaged raw carrots).
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh broccoli florettes.
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh snow peas.
- It’s 10 of Sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 box of Thai Rice noodles.
- You need 1 of Container of Thai ginger infused chicken broth..
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- It’s 3 dash of Thai chili oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Very thinly sliced Thai chili. ( if you can't find a Thai chili Serano pepper will work).
This Thai tom yum soup will stay on your family favorite list forever. It's made with shrimp, chicken stock, mushrooms, veggies, and spices. If this Tom Yom soup is too sour for your taste, add a little brown sugar. If it turned out too salty, add a squeeze of lime juice.
Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum) step by step
- In a large stockpot bring Thai ginger flavored broth and water to a boil..
- Once broth is at a hard boil , remove from heat and add all ingredients EXCEPT for the shrimp..
- Cover and let set for 3 to 5 minutes. Next, remove lid and add shrimp. Cover and let sit for an additional five minutes..
Tom Yum soup – everybody's favourite Thai soup is finally here! Choose from the classic clear Tom Yum Soup, or make the creamy Tom Yum version – both are. Lemongrass gives the tom yum soup such an amazing flavor. Tom yum soup, also known as Thai hot and sour soup, is a vibrant herbal soup that originated in Thailand. It uses a broth infused with the vibrant flavors of lime, galangal and lemon grass as the base.