Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup. Great recipe for Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup. As the old adage goes: "If the good Lord made anything better – he kept it for himself." Spicy, salty, sour, tangy and sweet! What an authentic Asian delight for you, your family and guests tonight!
Updated to include instructions on how to make char siu in the oven so this can be made in the oven or the grill depending on the season. I LOVE pork belly and one of my favorite Chinese dishes is braised pork belly (红烧肉) This dish is fatty, savory, sweet and delicious! Around halfway through roasting, baste generously with the reserved Marinade. You can cook Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup using 35 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup
- You need of FOR THE DUMPLINGS.
- You need 1 Bag (30 Count) of Pork & Mushroom Dumplings [frozen – to be added last].
- You need of FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS.
- It’s 5 (14 oz) Cans of Beef Or Pork Broth [I use beef].
- You need 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Chile Sauce [I use Siracha].
- It’s 1 Pinch of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinager.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need of FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES:.
- You need 5 of Thai Chilies [minced].
- You need 2 of LG Jalapeños [sliced].
- It’s 6 of LG Garlic Cloves Or 1/3 Cup [smashed & fine minced].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced Lemon Grass.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Fresh Mushrooms [rough chop – i used oyster mushrooms].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Canned Bamboo Shoots.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole + 1 cup reserved].
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole].
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Purple Onions [thin sliced or chopped green onions].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Canned Water Chestnuts [left whole].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Canned Baby Corn [cut in half if too large].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [chopped matchbook style].
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped matchbook style].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil [must be Thai – leaves left whole – to be added last + reserves for garnish].
- It’s of FOR THE OPTIONS & GARNISHMENTS:.
- Prepare of Fresh Carrots [sliced matchbook style – to be added to your broth while simmering].
- Prepare of Additional Garlic Chile Sauce.
- Prepare of Additional Fresh Thai Basil.
- Prepare of Green Onions [chopped].
- It’s of Chilled Pickled Ginger [a MUST try!].
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need of Lime Wedges.
Sort of dab it on so you get as much Marinade on the pork as possible – this is key for getting the thick, glossy glaze. Mike's Huli Huli Chicken slow-roasts their chicken on the wood-fire rotisserie, which results in juicy meat that is also as crispy as you can get without frying it, Guy says. This bbq is famous for providing Chinese cuisine. Most people find that you can try nicely cooked Bbq pork, lechón and duck here.
Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- This is a great dumpling brand. You can find this, as well as all other ingredients listed in your local Asian market. It's also much cheaper to shop there. This entire dish – enough to feed four – cost less than $10.00..
- Mix everything in the FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS section and bring broth to a gentle simmer..
- Chop and prepare everything in the FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES section. Add everything to your simmering broth except for the dumplings, Thai Basil and 1 cup reserved bean sprouts. And OPTIONS. [unless you opt for the carrots] Allow your vegetables and herbs to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Bring pot up to a steady boil and add your frozen dumplings and your reserved 1 cup of sprouts. It's important your reserve your 1 cup sprouts be added last for texture, bite and snap..
- At 10 minutes in to your dumpling boil, add your Thai Basil. Then simmer 5 minutes longer. This is another important step. The fresh Thai Basil will add to the sweetness. Stir constantly as so your dumplings don't stick together. Because they will. Also, stir from the bottom as to not break up your dumplings. You'll know your dumplings are fully cooked when they float. Know your soup will thicken up with the addition of your dumplings..
- Serve immediately with sides of fresh lime wedges, fresh Cilantro leaves, garlic chilie sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and fresh Thai Basil. Thai Basil really does make this dish! So does the chilled pickled Ginger! Try just one hot dumpling with chilled pickled ginger on it. I swear, it's a freaking life changer! Enjoy!.
The high ratings of Mike's BBQ wouldn't be possible without the gracious staff. A lot of guests mention that prices are affordable for what you receive. Moo Shu Pork is a typical stir-fried dish in northern China. It's made with pork, green onions, mushrooms, and scrambled eggs, all rolled into small, thin pancakes instead of being served over rice. If you don't want to use rice wine or sake, replace it with the same amount of low-sodium chicken broth.