Recipe: Delicious Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup)
Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup). Order digital photo prints online at PhotoBox, upload your photos & order digital prints today. Free online photo storage and send free ecards to your friends and family, buy personalised gifts such as calendars, mouse pads, mugs & t-shirts. Pho Bo Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup (Click to enlarge).
Leaves of thorny cilantro (ngo gai). The Best Thai Beef Soup Recipes on Yummly Thai-style Beef Soup, Asian Beef And Vegetable Soup With Pho (Vietnamese Beef and Noodle Soup)Martha Stewart. asian fish sauce, scallions, homemade SEARCH. You can have Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup) using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup)
- You need 2 qts of beef stock.
- It’s 4 of whole star anise.
- It’s 1 packet of gelatin.
- You need 6 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of bone-in beef shank.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion.
- Prepare 1 piece (2 inch) of ginger, unpeeled.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fish sauce, divided.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 lb of beef flank, slightly frozen.
- It’s 2 of limes, quartered.
- You need 1 of Thai Chile, cut into thin 2 inch strips.
- Prepare of scallion, thin sliced, greens only.
- It’s 1 cup of Thai Chile straw.
- It’s 2 of jalapeños, thin sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of bean sprouts.
- You need 1 cup of Thai basil, mint, and cilantro, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 packet of Thai cellophane noodles.
Beef Pho Noodle Soup Recipe (Pho Bo)Viet World Kitchen. Keyword: Pho Bo, Vietnamese Beef rice noodle bowl. You certainly can use other types of noodles for this, but the noodle blanching instructions below will NOT apply to you. Beef Bones for Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup (Pho Bo).
Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup) instructions
- Throw beef broth, gelatin, anise, cloves, cinnamon sticks, salt, pepper, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar and beef shank in a stock pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low. Skim the layer of debris off the top. Maintain a light simmer..
- While simmering preheat the oven to 350F and place the onion, ginger and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake whole for 15 minutes..
- When done cut the onion and garlic cloves in half and slice the ginger into 1/4 thick slices. Add to stock pot. Continue to simmer for 2-3 hours..
- Taste your broth, if necessary season with some apple cider vinegar or fish sauce. Allow the broth to cool and skim the fat off the top. Try not to remove all the fat. Reserve what you have removed. The broth can be used immediately refrigerated for up to four days or frozen for up to a month..
- Return the broth to the stockpot with the beef flank. You may have to cut it in half, but make site is submerged. Ģ in an anise pod for good measure. Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Cook the meat for 30-45 minutes. Depending on your doneness preference. The frozen meat allows to you get really rare beef while still allowing the out layers to soak up some flavors from the broth. If you don't like rare meat, defrost your beef first..
- Prepare your toppings.
- When the beef is done remove from the stock pot and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. You can allow your broth to still cook, but check your flavor at this point. If it needs more salty, that's where the fish sauce comes in. Acid? A dash of lime juice or apple cider vinegar may help. Could use a little more sweet? Throw in a tbsp of brown sugar or agave nectar..
- While you're waiting cook your rice noodles according to the package. Remove and coat with sesame oil to prevent sticking..
- With a sharp knife cut your meat as thin as possible. If it's too rare a little time in the hot broth will remedy that for you..
- Set out the noodles broth beef and toppings for the diners..
- You start with noodles in the bowl..
- Then throw in some broth, followed by meat, toppings and sauces..
- Now slurp away.
There are two major types of pho: pho bo (beef) and pho ga (chicken). Both versions are served in a piping hot bowl, topped with chopped green onions, white onions and cilantro. A platter of Thai Basil, lime wedges, bean sprouts and sliced. Beef Noodle Soup Beef And Noodles Pho Bo Vietnamese Recipes Vietnamese Noodle Pork Roll Thai Red Curry Hue Ho Chi. Pho Bo Soup is popular throughout Vietnam and is made with beef, flat rice noodles, onions, ginger, bean sprouts, and spices.