Recipe: Perfect Mike's Thai Shrimp Soup
Mike's Thai Shrimp Soup. I am such a sucker for Thai take-out, particularly for red curry and coconut soup. I order it on a weekly basis! But ordering take-out this often has been getting a bit.
Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. The Thai-Style Shrimp Soup recipe out of our category Shrimp! Add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic, stir to coat then pour in. You can have Mike's Thai Shrimp Soup using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Thai Shrimp Soup
- Prepare of ● For The Spicy Shrimp.
- It’s 31-40 of EX LG Shrimp [de-shelled de-veined de-tailed].
- Prepare 4 oz of Dried Shrimp [found at Asian markets].
- Prepare 2 of LG Thai Chilies [fine minced].
- It’s 1 of LG Jalapeño [deseeded – fine minced].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chives [minced].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Garlic [fine minced].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- You need as needed of Garlic Olive Oil.
- It’s of ● For The Thai Broth.
- Prepare 3 (32 oz) of Boxes Seafood Or Chicken Broth [you may not need all].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil Leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon Or Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Quality Thai Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of HoyDashi Seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Nori [crushed].
Try this and you may never be able to eat a shrimp soup in a Thai restaurant again. This is a blend of two recipes from a really good Thai cookbook You can make it also with thinly sliced chicken breast instead of shrimp if you add the chicken about the time you add mushrooms and tomatoes and cook. Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup). Galangal, a root similar to ginger, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and fish sauce give this soup authentic flavor.
Mike's Thai Shrimp Soup instructions
- Dethaw shrimp if necessary. Rinse..
- Deshell, detail and devein shrimp..
- Chop all vegetables and add everything in the Spicy Shrimp section together in a large pan..
- Cook mixture for 7 minutes..
- Create your broth with everything in the Thai Broth section. Bring to a boil..
- Add shrimp mixture to broth only until shrimp is fully heated..
- Serve with Siriacha Sauces..
- Serve with fresh Thai Basil..
- Serve with fresh Cilantro leaves..
- Thai Chilies and Jalapeños pictured..
- A piping hot bowl of Thai Shrimp Soup pictured. Enjoy your taste of Thailand!.
Let the spicy flavors of Thailand tempt your taste buds! Tom yum soup is typically flavored with Thai chiles, lemongrass, makrut lime leaves, galangal, lime, and fish sauce. Some sort of animal protein and mushrooms are also usually cooked in the broth, and then it's served. Thai Shrimp Noodle Soup – quick and easy Thai noodles made with ramen. Loaded with shrimp, mushrooms, herbs, tomatoes and mouthwatering What sets this Thai shrimp noodle soup apart from other recipes you will fine online is its authentic and amazing taste.