How to Cook Perfect Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang). Fragrant solomonseal rhizome, yam rhizome, tangshen root, Membranous milkvetch root, Barbary wolfberries fruit, Chinese angelica root, chuanxiong rhizome. Introducing Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup – a soup that heals the mind, body and soul. The most popular form of Chinese healing food is slow-cooked soup (煲汤, bao tang).
Each family has a different mix of Chinese herbs to prepare this soup, but these are the ingredients that I learn from my Mom, and she from my Grandma This nutritional herbal chicken ginseng soup is not just delicious, it is also believed to be a natural and nourishing remedy for any seasonal ailment. In this recipe, we're using the Pasar Herbal Soup – Ren Shen Dun Ji Tang that contains Honey Dates, Lotus Seed, Indian Bread, Ginseng Root, Barbary. Soups are quite important and necessary to normal Chinese autumn and winter days. You can have Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
- It’s 1 pc of Whole Chicken Leg (bone in).
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1.5 litres of Water (or as needed).
- It’s of Dun Ji Tang herbs;.
- Prepare 6 g of Astragalus Root (Bei Chi 北芪).
- Prepare 15 g of Codonopsis (Dang Shen 党参).
- You need 11 g of Chinese Yam (Huai Shan 淮山).
- Prepare 23 g of Solomon's Seal (Yu Zhu 玉竹).
- Prepare 23 g of Wolfberries (Goji Zi 枸杞子).
- Prepare of Optional.
- You need 20 g of Red Dates.
- It’s 20 g of Dried Longan.
We believe that it is quite dry in those two seasons and thus soups with various herbals are employed to moisten our lung and remove body heat. Packed with vitamins, thanks to the goji berries, anti-aging elements from ginger and longan, and an immune-boosting assist from the astragalus root, this hearty soup will surely be a new comfort food. For centuries, Chinese herbs have been used in cooking to promote general well-being, boost energy and strength and treat various body ailments. These are the Chinese herbs that I used for this Herbal Chicken Soup.
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) instructions
- CHICKEN; rinse the chicken. Dry the chicken with kitchen towels and then salt it. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- STEW; In a pot, place in all the Herbs as well as Water and chicken. Bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. REMOVE any scum from the surface and let the soup cook for 1 hour or until the liquid has been reduced by half..
- SERVE; turn off the heat, remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, chop the chicken into serving size. Taste the soup to see if it needs to be seasoned. Serve in a bowl..
I drink this herbal chicken soup to regulate. Drinking Chinese herbal soups in rainy December gives a feeling of warmth and well-being. This soup is nourishing and especially great when you If you are not cooking this too often and for convenience, you can use any brand of prepacked Chinese herbs for stewing chicken soup, they will do the job. This delicious and healthy Chinese herbal chicken soup not only warms your heart but also heals your body and soul. Each herbal soup kit is individually bagged and sealed and come nicely packaged in a box.