How to Prepare Yummy Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup
Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup. Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish. It is a sour soup that uses tamarind as it's base flavor, it can be cooked with fish, meat, shrimp, and vegetables. This soup uses shrimp as the main ingredient.
Sinigang na Hipon is a type of Filipino sour soup, wherein shrimp is used as the main ingredient. This dish also includes a variety of vegetables such as daikon radish, snake beans, okra, and eggplant. This dish is best served during cold weather. You can cook Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup
- Prepare of Shrimps.
- Prepare of Ginger julienned.
- You need 3 of Onions cut into quarters.
- You need of Tomatoes cut into quarters.
- Prepare of Okra tops cut.
- Prepare of Gabi or taro cut into discs.
- You need of Knorr Sinigang mix.
It is best enjoyed hot with a cup of white rice. How to Cook Sinigang na Hipon. To cook Sinigang na Hipon, it is easier to prepare all the ingredients first. You would not want to overcook your vegetables as the cooking process itself is very straight-forward and done in just a few minutes.
Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup instructions
- In a pot bring to a boil then add onions, tomatoes, and ginger and taro then labanos or daikon radish okra just simmer then Sinigang or soup mix..
- Then add shrimps then cook until shrimps turn orange simmer then add mustard greens.
- Take off heat then serve with hot rice.
Initially, ripe tomatoes and onions are boiled in water. Followed by the radish and then the shrimp. Sinigang soup is a type of Filipino soup that is sour and savory. Sinigang (pronounced 'see-Nee-Gangh') is typically made with either pork (usually ribs), beef, chicken, shrimp, or fish. Na Hipon, which means shrimp, is just one version of the Filipino soup.