Recipe: Perfect Easy hot and sour soup
Easy hot and sour soup. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal taste preferences, and so delicious! Absolutely the best recipe for Hot & Sour soup!!!
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. You can cook Easy hot and sour soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy hot and sour soup
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth (I use low sodium).
- It’s 4 oz of shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 oz of (1 small can) thinly sliced bamboo shoot, drained.
- It’s 12 oz of (or 1 box) firm tofu, cut in small cubes or 1/4" strips.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic grated/minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced/grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of sriracha.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch mixed with 2tbsp pf cold water.
- You need 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of White pepper, to taste (I added A LOT as I like it lol).
- You need of (Option) green onions.
Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Is hot and sour soup health?
Easy hot and sour soup step by step
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil and add mushroom to a big sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir fry for 1 minute. (I added some onion, but not necessary).
- Add ginger and garlic and stir fry for another 30 seconds..
- Add bamboo shoot and stir fry for another 30 seconds..
- Add all the rest of the ingredients from the top up to brown sugar to the pan and mix well..
- Turn the heat down after it starts to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add corn starch mixture and stir, simmer until the soup is slightly thicken, about 2 minutes..
- Slowly stir in the egg to the soup..
- Add white pepper and sesame oil and green onion. Simmer for another 1 minute..
- Remove from heat and serve :).
- You can pair with fried/steamed dumplings or some stir fry veggies to make a full dinner :D.
I like Panda Express Hot and Sour Soup so here are the secrets techniques and tips that yield Chinese restaurant's results: Do not use whisk. Beat egg in a cup until yolk and white are combined. First time ever making, my wife loves hot n sour soup. Very easy and I could not believe it was even better than the resturant and she loved it. Chinese restaurant-style hot and sour soup made easy!