Recipe: Yummy Japanese Egg and Cabbage Soup (Kakitamajiru)
Japanese Egg and Cabbage Soup (Kakitamajiru). The Japanese name of this soup, 'Kakitama-jiru' (かきたま汁), does not translate to Egg Drop Soup. The English name perhaps came from the action of dropping beaten eggs into the hot broth. On the other hand, the name of the Japanese dish is more focused on the action after dropping the beaten eggs into the broth, i.e. stirring the eggs.
I will introduce this easy and quick recipe. I will introduce this easy and quick recipe. You can use beans sprout for ingredients as well. #Japanese #soup #vegetable #cabbage #quick Great recipe for Melonpan. You can cook Japanese Egg and Cabbage Soup (Kakitamajiru) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Egg and Cabbage Soup (Kakitamajiru)
- It’s 1 of cabbage leaf.
- You need 600 mL of Dashi broth (or 600 mL of water and 1 tsp of Dashi powder) :(A).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce :(A).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mirin :(A).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of starch (dissolve in 1.5 tbsp of water).
Melonpan, which many Japanese people (including Dorami-chan, Doraemon's sister) love, is bread covered with cookie dough. Don't get confused: Melonpan was named after melons, but we cannot find any melons in the recipe. "Melon-looking-bread" - that's the Melonpan!. Great recipe for Japanese Vegan Soup (Kenchinjiru). Kenchin-jiru is a sort of Buddhist cuisine, Japanese vegetarian or vegan cuisine based on Buddhism.
Japanese Egg and Cabbage Soup (Kakitamajiru) instructions
- Cut a cabbage leaf into bite-size pieces..
- Put condiments (A) and water in a saucepan and heat until it comes to a boil..
- When the cabbage is cooked, turn off the heat, add watery potato starch and stir it..
- Turn the heat on again. When it comes to a boil, add a beaten egg little by little..
- Serve in a bowl..
It's soy flavoured Kombu kelp-based soup with many vegetables for ingredients including root vegetables. Egg drop soup is Kakitamajiru in Japanese. It is a very simple clear soup with only a few main ingredients yet, is packed with Umami flavour and tastes so sophisticated. I am going to share a few tips to make this egg drop soup like a pro. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.