Recipe: Delicious Egg Drop Soup
Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper.
I didnt use the cornstarch or food coloring and I used green onion instead of chives. All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home. You can cook Egg Drop Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- It’s 24 ounces of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 of " piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced in half.
- You need 1 of scallion, sliced. Separate white parts from green ends.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of fine ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of fine ground sea salt.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of tumeric.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, beaten.
This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. This soup is always a highlight for me when we go out to eat! I love the simplicity of it and all the flavors! Looking at it and seeing the ingredients for this soup, you would be.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- In large stock pan add broth, ginger, white part of scallion, salt, pepper and tumeric. Bring to boil over medium heat. Once it boils reduce to simmer..
- Simmer for 1/2 an hour. Remove ginger. Add in sesame oil. Remove 1/2 cup of broth and set aside..
- Add corn starch to reserved broth and mix well. Add back to broth in saucepan..
- Bring broth back up to a low boil. Cook 2 minutes. Using chopsticks, add beaten eggs whisking rapidly with chopsticks. Serve immediately. Garnish with scallion greens..
How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. Egg drop soup is my favorite soup to eat when I have a cold. Classic chicken soup is great too, but the addition of eggs makes this one so nourishing. And the Asian flavors are just wonderful and can.