How to Make Delicious Thai rice stick soup (ขนมจีนน้ำยา)
Thai rice stick soup (ขนมจีนน้ำยา). The most famous Thai dessert, and for good reason! Sweet sticky rice pairs so well with sweet-juicy-tart mango. The combination of lemongrass, ginger, coriander, and other herbs make this Khao Tom (rice soup) deliciously comforting as a Thai-style breakfast on a cold.
This is a list of Thai khanom, comprising snacks and desserts that are a part of Thai cuisine. Some of these dishes are also a part of other cuisines. The word "khanom" (Thai: ขนม), refers to snack or dessert, presumably being a compound between two words, "khao" (ข้าว), "rice" and "khnom" (หนม). You can have Thai rice stick soup (ขนมจีนน้ำยา) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai rice stick soup (ขนมจีนน้ำยา)
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken feet, toenails trimmed off.
- Prepare 4 of bone in chicken thighs.
- It’s of Water to cover meat.
- Prepare 8 of krachai/finger root (~1 cup).
- You need to taste of Dried chili.
- You need 2 tbs of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need of Kaffir leaves (~3-4 large ones or 6-7 small ones).
- You need 2 tbs of pa-daek (fermented fish paste).
- You need 3 of whole green onions cut into 2 in. pieces.
- Prepare to taste of Fish sauce.
TikTok is the destination for short-form mobile videos. Our mission is to capture and present the world's creativity, knowledge, and precious life moments, directly from the mobile phone.
Thai rice stick soup (ขนมจีนน้ำยา) instructions
- Cover the chicken feet and thighs with enough water to cover them..
- Boil chicken thighs and chicken feet until the chicken feet for 15 minutes. Skim off any scum that accumulates as it boils..
- Mash the krachai with the chilli..
- Brown the coconut solids and red curry paste in a separate pot on med-high heat for ~3 minutes. Add the coconut liquid once it begins sizzling. Set aside..
- Take out the thighs and strip off the meat. Keep the chicken feet cooking at medium heat..
- Add 3/4 of the thigh meat to the krachai and mash. Add this to the cooking chicken feet and stir. Turn to med-high heat..
- Add the rest of the thigh meat and bones (+ optional chicken blood) to the pot. Rip up the kaffir leaves and add to the pot. Stir..
- Add the coconut milk-red curry paste mixture to the chicken pot. Stir. Add the pa-daek and green onion. Add fish sauce to taste..
- Eat over rice noodles..