Recipe: Delicious Egg drop soup, peas & carrots
Egg drop soup, peas & carrots. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. Reviews for: Photos of Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) I had never had egg drop soup and it was good.
The lacy egg, though, always seemed to be a bit out of place in such a humble dish, so I thought that giving it a touch of spring vegetables. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a. You can cook Egg drop soup, peas & carrots using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg drop soup, peas & carrots
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 each of Egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cold water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Corn starch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded Carrots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Frozen or fresh Peas.
Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper. Pea Egg-Drop Soup (Gaps, Paleo, Primal, Grain Free). I put pea tendrils in a miso soup I made last week and it was delicious!
Egg drop soup, peas & carrots step by step
- Bring chicken stock to a boil remove from heat.
- Mix corn starch in cold water until desolved add to chicken stock.
- Add onion, carrots & peas to the chicken stock bring back to a boil.
- Lightly beat eggs in a small boul, add to soup and remove from heat.
- Let cool and serve. Optional add a little soy sauce..
I don't know why I don't make more egg drop soup! This Egg Drop Soup recipe can either be a stand alone recipe or easily served alongside many different meals, we go either way. Some additions that people add to their egg drop soup is corn, peas, bok choy, spinach, tofu, etc. You can swap out broths for this recipe some suggestions are. Making these soups during the winter months would help warm up the kitchen as we started our day, and, oftentimes, I would have a small cup of wonton soup broth or egg drop soup to start the day.