Recipe: Perfect spicy hot and sour soup
spicy hot and sour soup. After trimming off any tough stems, slice the mushrooms. With the fingers, shred the tiger lily stems. Chinese restaurant-style hot and sour soup made easy!
Hot and Sour Soup is light in taste. The chicken broth makes our Hot and Sour Soup a very light soup, and it's the Asian chili sauce (sambal oelek) that gives it a spicy punch. We enjoy this soup often throughout the year. You can have spicy hot and sour soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of spicy hot and sour soup
- You need 8 cup of water.
- You need 8 each of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1/4 lb of shredded pork.
- You need 1 can of julliened bamboo shoots.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- You need 8 oz of package baby portabella mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of hot chili pepper with seeds, diced finely.
- Prepare 8 oz of diced tofu or bean curd.
- You need 3 of stalks green onion with tops finely chopped, reserved.
- It’s 5 tbsp of white rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 of lightly beaten eggs, reserved.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornstarch mixed in a half cup water, reserved.
We certainly don't wait for just cold weather. This spicy and sour soup could be a light meal in itself, full of peppers, snow peas, water chestnuts, green onions, and tofu. So in essence, the name means "Boiling Hot and Sour Shrimp" soup. Tom Yum is actually very easy to make in the western hemisphere, exactly the way they make it in Thailand.
spicy hot and sour soup step by step
- In large stock pot add the 8 cups of water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil until all bouillon cubes are dissolved..
- Add shredded pork, bamboo shoots, cabbage, mushrooms, hot chili peppers, and tofu..
- Boil 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms and cabbage are tender..
- Add white rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, white and black pepper..
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken and remove from heat..
- Pour beaten eggs in a slow stream while constantly stirring in one direction..
- Allow to sit 1-2 minutes, then stir in green onions..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
The Hot and Sour Soup flavor comes from the addition of chiles, or sometimes Thai chile paste, and a hearty splash of lime juice added at the end. A Chinese restaurant favourite, it's hearty, savoury, sour – and as spicy as you want it to be. Filled with mushrooms, tofu and silky egg ribbons, Hot and Sour soup is thickened with cornflour/cornstarch so the broth is beautifully glossy. Pour the stock into a pan and bring to the boil. Add all the ingredients up to and including the wood ear mushrooms.