Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Hot and sour soup traditional
Hot and sour soup traditional. You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup! This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is simply amazing! Perfect for a quick, week night dinner that you know everyone will love!
The hearty, spicy, sour broth is loaded with mushrooms, silky eggs, and tofu. I've included lots of notes so you can tweak the recipe with the ingredients you have on hand, plus how to make this dish vegetarian. Hot and Sour Soup Ingredients: To make this hot and sour soup recipe, you will need: Broth: Either chicken or veggie stock (or broth) will do. You can cook Hot and sour soup traditional using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot and sour soup traditional
- Prepare of soup base.
- You need 1 lb of pork tenderloin.
- Prepare 8 oz of box of tofu firm.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soysauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar do not substitute.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 2 stalks of green onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 liter of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chinese black vinegar don't substitute.
- It’s 8 oz of can of bamboo shoots.
- You need of thickener.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cool water.
- Prepare of soaking.
- It’s 2 liter of water divided into two for soaking.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of or handful of wood ear (Chinese black mushroom).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of or handful dried lily bulbs.
Mushrooms: I highly recommend using shiitake mushrooms, but baby bella or even button mushrooms would also do. Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth. Delicious hot and sour soup does not need to be complicated. This easy chicken version is ready in about half an hour.
Hot and sour soup traditional instructions
- Add chicken stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Chinese black vinegar, chili oil, white pepper, sugar, sesame oil, slice pork loin into strips about 1/4 inch by 2 inch long add top a pot to boil 6 quart pot.
- Soak wood ears and lily bulbs in separate containers for about 20-30 minutes drain add to pot should be boiling good.
- Cut tofu into 1/4 inch wide by 2 inch long strips add the remaining ingredient bamboo shoots except eggs and cornstarch, water and green onions.
- Beat eggs set aside, mix cornstarch in cool water1/3 cup this is your thickener set aside but close, stir pot clockwise pour in eggs, then don't hesitate add thickener stirring constantly till thick.
- When its thicken taste add more vinegar and chili oil to taste garnish with onions serve hot.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and cornstarch; set aside. Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and Sriracha in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Chinese hot and sour soup 酸辣湯 is a traditional northern Chinese favorite packed with the acidity of Zhenjiang vinegar, the spiciness of the white pepper and the nuttiness of sesame oil. The flavor becomes even more complex with the inclusion of bamboo shoot, dry mushrooms, wood ear fungus and finishes with a beaten egg pour high above the soup to form multiple small egg ribbons floating. In the United States, it is called hot and sour soup, and the Chinese call it 酸辣湯, literally "peppered soup with vinegar".