Recipe: Yummy Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional)
Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional). Thai style Shrimp and Pork Meatball Soup. It uses ramen noodles for a quick to put together tasty soup! c.chanin. Pour Mixed egg and cook both side until golden ( cut it in to middium piece ) set as side.
This is traditionally cooked in a large deep wok, though unlike pla jian it is cooked at very high heat. Therefore we caution you to use a large skillet or an electric deep fryer and ensure that the peanut oil is smoking. First the simple part: deep fry about a pound of mackerel or whiting, preferably. You can have Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional) using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional)
- You need 400 grams of Steamed Mackerel.
- Prepare 2 liter of water.
- You need 4 tbsp of Plam sugar or Brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sliced Shallot.
- You need 4 tbsp of Julienned Ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Lime juice.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Tamarind Juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
Known in Thai as nam pla, this seasoning is a pungent brine made from fermenting fish with salt. Check the label: it should contain only anchovies, salt and water. Its habitat is the shallow waters of Southeast Asia and Melanesia, feeding mainly on small zooplankton. It is of major importance to the fisheries industry.
Three flavour Thai mackerel soup (Traditional) instructions
- Heat the pot over the moderate heat add shallot and shrimp paste stir until lightly brown and then add fish sauce, sugar simmer 1-2 mins.
- Pour water into the pot add steamed mackerel, ginger, lime juice, tamarind juice simmer 30 mins……..Enjoy.
Broccoli with Garlic, Gai Lan with Ginger Sauce, and Morning Glory with Shrimp Paste and Chilis – we'll be using these three dishes to illustrate three flavor profiles that you can apply to almost. Snack Thai Sushi Lunch Ramen / Udon. Tom yum Thai dish there is no shortage of herbs and spices. The bold flavor of mackerel in tomato sauce is an asset in this dish, pairing perfectly with an equally kaffir lime leaves, lemon. To make the marinade, mix all the ingredients together and pour over the mackerel.