Recipe: Yummy shark fin soup
shark fin soup. Shark fin soup is a traditional soup or stewed dish found in Chinese cuisine. The shark fins provide texture, while the taste comes from the other soup ingredients. It is commonly served at special occasions such as weddings and banquets, or as a luxury item in Chinese cuisine.
Shark fin is added for texture, usually sliced into long pieces like noodles, but it plays no role in the flavor. Some claim the soup has health benefits, but shark fin has no nutritional value. Because the dish made a meal of the most fearsome guardians of the ocean, it represented the power and wealth of whoever ate it. You can cook shark fin soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of shark fin soup
- You need 1 of fins and tail of a shark.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- Prepare 2 large of potatoes chopped peeled.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar.
- You need 1 small of handfull lotus bulbs soaked 30 minutes and rinsed.
- It’s 1 small of handfull woodears black Chinese fungus.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 1 pinch of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 oz of strip of meat from shark or chicken.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold water.
Even today, shark fin soup is considered a symbol of wealth and good fortune. There is no specific species targeted for shark fin soup, so it is a threat to every type of sharks. Though a traditional Chinese dish consumed only on special occasions, with globalization shark fin soup is becoming more popular all over the world. Shark finning is the act of removing fins from sharks and discarding the rest of the shark, back into the ocean.
shark fin soup step by step
- mix all the ingredients drain lotus and woodears before adding cook on boil for 25 minutes add cornstarch solution stir till thickens serve immediately.
- mix cornstarch amd quarter cup water mix well add to boiling water it will thicken.
The sharks are often still alive when discarded, but without their fins. Unable to swim effectively, they sink to the bottom of the ocean and die of suffocation or are eaten by other predators. Shark finning at sea enables fishing vessels to increase profitability and increase the. Shark fins are tempting targets for fishermen because they have high monetary and cultural value. They are used in a popular dish called shark fin soup, which is a symbol of status in Chinese culture.