Chinese vegetable soup. In this Chinese vegetable soup recipe, you'll get some tasty veggies – bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms. Those veggies work together quite well with soy sauce and a touch of sesame oil. This soup is simple but it's really good.
According to Kurt Nolte, agriculture agent at University of Arizona's College of Agricultural and Life Science, Napa cabbage is a good addition to soup because the cabbage absorbs the flavors of the soup. Here we present the Chinese version, a vibrant recipe that is quite a contrast to the soothing Continental way of making this soup. Hot and Sour Soup: Unlike other Sichuan dishes, this classic soup gets its heat from white pepper. You can have Chinese vegetable soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese vegetable soup
- You need 50 grams of bok choy (sliced).
- You need 50 grams of cabbage (sliced).
- Prepare 50 grams of nappa cabbage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 3 clove of garlic (sliced).
- You need 5 grams of CM ginger (sliced).
- You need 100 grams of chicken breasts (sliced with skin).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 450 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish oil.
There are many versions of hot and sour soup and most of which contain wood ear, tofu, carrot, and pork. This version of this popular soup uses red rice vinegar which is available at Chinese/Asian markets, but you can also black vinegar or white rice vinegar. A high-quality stock is the foundation of a bowl of good soup. Some of the best soup stock in the restaurant is prepared with a combination of chicken bone, pork bone, Chinese ham, as well as vegetables.
Chinese vegetable soup instructions
- 1. Sautee the ginger and garlic in oil, until brown and fragrant.
- Pour in water and place in the chickem.
- Add seasoning and sesame and fish oil.
- Cook chicken throughly.
- Once chicken is cooked place in the vegetables.
- Once the veggies are cooked ….. serve.
Put bok choy, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, mushrooms, scallions, water chestnuts, red pepper, red pepper flakes and broth into a large soup pot; stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Chinese soups are enjoyed all over the world. Every country has soups with a heavy Chinese influence, adapted slightly to suit their indigenous tastes. Tickle your tongue with delightful soups like the Talumein Soup, Paneer, Bean Sprouts and Spring Onion Soup or Clear Soup with Spinach and Mushrooms.