How to Prepare Delicious Ojiya (Japanese Rice Soup)
Ojiya (Japanese Rice Soup). Feel the warm embrace of the 'hug in a bowl' that is this ojiya rice soup recipe. Made with rice, broth, egg, and fresh vegetables, Ojiya is a traditional way to end nabe hot pot meals and favourite pick me up for. Zosui (Japanese Rice Soup) is a Japanese version of congee.
That is because I called it ojiya instead of zosui when they were little. Zosui is a comforting Japanese rice soup cooked in a savory dashi broth with vegetables, eggs, mushrooms, and sometimes meat or seafood. Since rice is simmered in a dashi broth in both dishes, Zosui and Ojiya have a lot in common. You can have Ojiya (Japanese Rice Soup) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ojiya (Japanese Rice Soup)
- You need 2 cups of Japanese rice (cooked and washed).
- It’s 600 ml of water.
- It’s 1 1/3 teaspoon of instant dashi powder.
- Prepare 3 small of mushrooms (dried shiitake mushrooms, if possible).
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 150 g of tofu (kinu).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need about 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
Many people use the words Ojiya and Zosui interchangeably. Zōsui (雑炊, literally "miscellaneous cooking"), or ojiya (おじや), is a mild and thin Japanese rice soup akin to a rice-based vegetable soup. Check out their menu for some delicious Japanese. Lunch, dinner, groceries, office supplies, or anything else: Postmates delivers from all your favorites places on-demand.
Ojiya (Japanese Rice Soup) step by step
- Wash the cooked rice and drain. If you use dried mushrooms, wash and soak them in some water for a while (mine said 20 minutes in hot water or 1 hour in cold water). Cut the carrot in small pieces..
- Put 600 ml water (if you use dried mushrooms, use the water in which you soaked them for additional flavor) in a pot. Add the dashi powder, then the carrot and the mushrooms (cut in pieces). Boil until the carrot becomes slightly soft..
- Add the rice in the pot and the tofu. Keep boiling and add the 2 beaten eggs..
- When the eggs are cooked, it's ready. Add a teaspoonful soy sauce (you can also add some salt if you think the taste is weak, but less salt is better!)..
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Japanese Cuisine Ojiya Rice Soup Sesame. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Zosui (雑炊) is a Japanese version of congee. Rice is cooked in flavoured soup with vegetables, egg and sometimes meat or fish. It is often made using the soup from the hot pot to wrap up the wonderful meal of the day.