Recipe: Perfect Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam)
Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam). Tomato Rasam – Made without tamarind and rasam powder (My mom's special recipe). Tomato Charu – Andhra Style Spicy Tomato Rasam. Both the recipes are easy and taste good.
Tomato rasam recipe – Rasam is a daily affair at home for dinner on most weekdays. Rasam, a vegetable stir fry with rice and ghee makes a comforting meal This south Indian style tomato rasam is full of flavors and tastes slightly tangy, spicy & sweet. Tomato rasam is made fresh from scratch. You can cook Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam)
- Prepare 3 of Tomato.
- It’s 1 piece of Tamarind.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Gingely Oil.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 2 of Small Shallots.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Asafoetida Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare of Hot Water.
- You need of Salt.
Dice tomatoes into big chunks and boil them with little seasonings until soft. Once they are softened, mash it into. Spicy Tomato Rasam recipe: Try this Spicy Tomato Rasam recipe, or contribute your own. The Spicy Tomato Soup recipe out of our category soup!
Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam) instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Crush shallots, ginger & garlic. Add it to the oil. Saute..
- Add pepper powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & cumin powder. Mix well..
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces (you can also grind it). Add it to the pan. Close the lid & cook the tomatoes..
- Add some salt & hot water. Taste the mix. If it's not sour enough, crush the tamarind in little water, filter & add it to the mixture. Else skip this step..
- Add asafoetida powder. Mix & boil..
- Add the chopped coriander leaves into it. Stir & boil for two minutes. Turn off the stove..
Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds then remove. Peel and quarter the tomatoes, then remove the core and julienne. Indian Spiced Tomato Soup to clear your sinuses. Easy homemade Vegan Tomato Soup Clear your sinuses tomato soup to warm you up in fall. Easy homemade vegan tomato soup seasoned Trying to find a spicy tomatosoup since I'm addicted to peppers.