Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Egg Drop Soup
Egg Drop Soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper.
I didnt use the cornstarch or food coloring and I used green onion instead of chives. All Reviews for Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Egg drop soup makes me think of her every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. Here's how you can make it at home. You can have Egg Drop Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 each of eggs.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of white pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of ground ginger.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 each of green onion, chopped.
This Egg Drop Soup is a healthy Chinese broth based soup made with eggs, chicken broth, cornstarch, and green onions. This soup is always a highlight for me when we go out to eat! I love the simplicity of it and all the flavors! Looking at it and seeing the ingredients for this soup, you would be.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- In a medium saucepan bring chicken broth and water to a boil..
- Stir in eggs slowly in a circular motion.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water and add to soup.
- Stir to desired consistency and season to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowls, top with green onions, and serve. Can also top with crispy wontons..
How to thicken egg drop soup? If you prefer a thicker texture try adding starch to the soup. Egg drop soup is my favorite soup to eat when I have a cold. Classic chicken soup is great too, but the addition of eggs makes this one so nourishing. And the Asian flavors are just wonderful and can.