Recipe: Appetizing Hot N Sour Soup
Hot N Sour Soup. Check Out Hot And Sour Soup On eBay. Put the wood ears in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain and rinse the wood ears; discard any hard clusters in the centers.
White pepper gives the soup its signature heat, and the vinegar levels can be adjusted according to how sour you like your hot and sour soup. Keep the soup simmering (it should be bubbling before you add the egg, or the soup will turn cloudy when the egg is added), and begin stirring in a circular motion with your ladle once again. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is simply amazing! You can cook Hot N Sour Soup using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot N Sour Soup
- You need of Meat and Vegetables.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil (not olive oil).
- You need 4 oz of Chicken or pork, thinly sliced (cooked or raw, optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped mushroom, fresh.
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrot, julienned or sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 each of Thai pepper, whole or chopped (optional).
- You need 1 of or.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Broth.
- You need 5 cup of chicken stock or broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vinegar such as apple cider, white, or rice.
- You need 4 oz of extra firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces..
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Finishes.
- Prepare 2 each of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil (use a quality brand).
- It’s 2 each of green onion, fresh, sliced.
Perfect for a quick, week night dinner that you know everyone will love! Hot and Sour Soup Ingredients: To make this hot and sour soup recipe, you will need: Broth: Either chicken or veggie stock (or broth) will do. Mushrooms: I highly recommend using shiitake mushrooms, but baby bella or even button mushrooms would also do. Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth. hot and sour soup recipe
Hot N Sour Soup step by step
- Meat and Vegetables: Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on high heat. Note: olive oil has a much lower smoke point than other oils. Not recomended. Note: if using cooked meat, skip to step 2. Add meat if raw. Cook and stir for about 5 min or until mostly done..
- Note: If you want to reduce the heat, wait to add thai pepper or red pepper flakes until step 7. Add mushroom, carrot, cabbage, and Thai pepper or red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 min or until carrots are softened slightly..
- If using cooked meat, add now. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir until the mixture is coated with the soy sauce..
- Add chicken broth or stock..
- Note: Read this step completely before doing it. Add remaining soy sauce and vinegar, one tbs at a time, alternating between soy sauce and vinegar. Taste after each tablespoon addition to ensure that the flavor is to your liking. It should have a balanced flavor between salty and sour (you should be able to taste both equally). Adjust as necessary by adding more or less soy sauce or vinegar..
- Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl or cup..
- Add tofu and cornstarch/water mixture. If you haven't aready, add the Thai pepper or red pepper flakes now for less heat..
- Bring to a full boil. The broth will thicken slightly..
- Critical step: After it reaches a boil, remove from heat for about 30 seconds. While stirring slowly, slowly drizzle the beaten eggs into the soup. Note: if the broth is too hot, the eggs will overcook and disintegrate, making a milky broth instead of long ribbons like it's supposed to. Don't worry, it still makes a tasty soup, although the presentation won't be as great..
- Keep the heat off, but finish the soup by adding the sesame oil and white pepper. Stir to blend..
- Provide sliced green onion for garnish. Serve..
hot sour soup recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. an easy and simple soup recipe known for its spice and sourness taste. it is fast food or a street food recipe served as appetizer or starter just before an indo chinese or north indian meal. generally, it is made with diced vegetables and indo chinese sauces and a fried noodles topping, but. In a large cooking pot, add chicken broth, ginger root, and peppercorns, and bring to boil. Hot and sour soup recipe with step by step photos. This is a spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. Come winters and we really look forward to having hot bowl of soups in the season, even though we are not much of soup lovers.