Recipe: Delicious Turkey Broth Wonton Soup
Turkey Broth Wonton Soup. Wonton soup is a traditional Chinese soup that's made with broth, vegetables, and wontons (small steamed dumplings) that are usually filled with minced pork and/or shrimp—but some recipes also use ground turkey, chicken, and added vegetables. Turkey Wonton Soup is a delicious way to eat leaner and healthier, and a fantastic way to use up your leftover turkey carcass from Christmas or Thanksgiving. I love the easy way to make Turkey Broth from leftover turkey.
See, I have a major thing for wontons. But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. This recipe is a bit of a departure from the usual Chinese wonton. You can cook Turkey Broth Wonton Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Broth Wonton Soup
- It’s of Wontons.
- You need 1 of quarter pound ground pork.
- You need 1 of quarter pound devein deshell shrimp, diced.
- It’s 2 of scallions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing cooking wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 packages of wonton wrapper.
- Prepare 1 each of egg, beaten set aside to seal wontons.
- It’s of broth.
- You need 1 of turkey carcass.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 quart of water (or enough to submerge your turkey carcass).
- It’s of garnish.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
Pork and shrimp are far more common fillings for wontons than turkey, but substituting turkey for pork makes these dumplings leaner and healthier, without any great sacrifice in flavor. The trickiest part of this recipe is the folding of the wontons, but it is easy to get the hang of it in a couple of tries. Great recipe for Turkey Broth Wonton Soup. This is a recipe I've always done with chicken broth.
Turkey Broth Wonton Soup step by step
- Place turkey carcass in water in a stock pot and bring to a boil (20min). Skim off foam and fat from the top. Continue to simmer on low heat for 3 hours. Skim off any foam from the top..
- While the broth is cooking, make your wontons..
- Place pork, shrimp, chopped scallions, minced ginger, soy, wine, sesame oil, salt pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine..
- Place wonton wrapper diagonally towards you. Place a teaspoon of meat onto the bottom corner of the wrapper..
- Fold 3 times upwards. Put your middle finger on the meatiest part of the wonton and twist upwards..
- Dab corners with egg mixture, twist and pinch corners together. Each wonton should look like a little boat..
- When all wontons are done, place in boiling water and bring to a boil. Put in 1 cup cold water, bring to a boil again, put in 1 cup cold water and bring to a boil one more time. It is done when the wontons float to the top. Remove from water..
- Place 5-10 cooked wontons in a bowl. Place broth on top of wontons. Place chopped scallion, chopped cilanto and white pepper on top and serve immediately..
- Since this recipe is for 6 servings, you can freeze and store any uncooked wonton. Frozen wontons can be stored for 2 weeks..
Usually I use premade broth from the store which will cut down on the time significantly. However if you have the time and a turkey carcass lying around, why not spend the time to make a delicious. The Best Wonton Soup Broth Recipes on Yummly Vegetable Wonton Soup, Soy-free Wonton Soup, Wonton Soup. Strain the turkey stock into another pot and skim the fat from the surface.