How to Make Delicious Vegetarian wonton soup
Vegetarian wonton soup. Well, look at you being all soupy slurpy delicious wontons. It's so simple, like really, really simple. The soup part is literally just broth with some green onions tossed in to look all fancy (and because green onions are the bestest).
The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock. But if you don't have vegetable stock you can always spice up the soup base with quick ingredients. In this recipe, I will show you how you can make the soup base as well. You can cook Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- Prepare 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- Prepare 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- You need 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- Prepare 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- It’s 1 c. of small diced celery.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- It’s 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- Prepare 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- You need 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
How to cook and serve wonton soup? The soup is the simplest thing once you are done with wrapping your wontons. Boil together vegetable stock and grated ginger. Add mushroom granules (or salt) to suit your taste.
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
Add wontons to the soup, and cook until wonton floats, indicating that they are fully cooked. This vegan wonton soup is made with savory shiitake stuffed wontons and crispy napa cabbage in a light gingery broth. Disclaimer: I suck really bad at wrapping wontons, and you probably do too. Nothing personal…it's just that, based on my experience wrapping wontons for this soup, I've determined that it's something most people suck at. This vegetarian wonton soup (also vegan friendly) is a great idea for breakfast.